Sunday, January 3, 2010

Menu Plan - week of January 4

Happy New Year! School starts back for us this week, as does consistent out of the house work. It's also going to be the coldest week in over 20 years according to the weather forecasters. There will be lots of soups and chili style meals this week because I firmly believe nothing's better than chili when it's cold. As part of the Eat From the Pantry Challenge, I am making note of which meals are freezer/pantry meals with the note "F/P". I am aiming high this week to do all dinners from our supply to minimize our grocery trip this week.

Weeknight Dinners:
  • Chili and cornbread (F/P)
  • Beef stew with homemade bread (F/P)
  • Chicken and gravy over rice with corn or green beans (F/P)
  • Chicken egg rolls with Asian style slaw (F/P)
Snacks, Baking, Breakfast:
  • Banana chocolate chip muffins (F/P)
  • Gingerbread Waffles - while not made yet, I do have all the ingredients in the pantry
  • Bananas Foster Sauce for ice cream, waffles, over top of cardboard (just kidding!) - I have some bananas about to go bad and will use some for a replacement batch of muffins and some for this recipe
  • Little man is trying to convince me to make an apple pie ... I have all the ingredients, just not the oomph. I've not had any luck with pies before, but I might try again for him.
What's cooking at your house this week? Go visit I'm an Organizing Junkie if you need inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment