Monday, February 8, 2010

Menu Plan - Week of February 8

I always have trouble figuring out what to write at the beginning of a menu planning post. It all seems sort of silly to me since the point is to share the food with you. So, that's what we're diving in to today. And I have a head cold, so I'm not in a great mood ... sorry, just the facts this week!

Weeknight Dinners:
  • Crock Pot Peanut Chicken, orzo pasta, green salad
  • Spaghetti, rolls, green salad
  • Loaded Potato Soup with rolls
  • Beef tacos
  • I am looking for an easy, and frugal, recipe for fried rice. Likely I will make chicken fried rice one night too once I find a good recipe.
Baking, Breakfast, Freezer:
The first round of freezer jam turned out very good, if I do say so! I used this recipe as a start, but used blackberries and raspberries instead. It turned out so good! A bit overly sweet for me, but that's okay.
What's cooking at your house this week? head over and see Laura if you need inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. I think I'll try the chicken recipe you have listed...using peanut butter would be something new for me! I've got bags and bags of blackberries from last summer's harvest stored in the deep freezer but haven't tried making jam from them. I did make grape jam; well, I TRIED but not sure it turned out so very well. I froze it, anyway.

    Found you via Organized Junkie...

    Rom 8:28

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Shanna! The chicken was very good in flavor, but I would recommend adding some additional chicken broth right at the beginning. I did not and my sauce got a little lumpy again just before I served dinner. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete