Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oh So Yummy - Faux-Reos


These are scrumptious! I started with this recipe I found at King Arthur Flour and made a few changes. I would love to say that my changes made the cookies markedly more healthy, but really - it's an oreo! There's no redeeming health value in these. The only comfort I have is that I know exactly what's in these and I know to limit myself to just one.



Changes/Recommendations:
I did sub one half cup of whole wheat flour and found I needed to add one more teaspoon water to the filling mix. The extra water may have been needed since it's been cold and dry here today.

Also, the recommended size makes a rather large cookie. I will make them with no more than 1 teaspoon of dough for each cookie next time. These came out at least 2.5 times the size of a regular oreo cookie.

1 comment:

  1. Whatever the name, they are dangerous around me and my hips:) I still may have to try these though.

    ReplyDelete