- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 t each garlic powder and onion powder
- 2 t each black pepper and Kosher salt, divided
- Approx 6 C total of tomato based product. For me this was 2 C homemade spaghetti sauce and 2, 14.5 oz cans Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- Approx 10 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 lb whole milk mozzarella cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 C grated Italian style cheese (you can use mozzarella and a sprinkle of Parmesan also)
2. Add the tomatoes and sauce an heat through. Test the taste once it's warm - add the reserved 1 t each pepper and Kosher salt if needed.
3. In a 5-6 quart slow cooker, place about 1 C sauce mix and then a double layer of lasagna noodles (break them to fit into the oval shape of a slow cooker).
4. Top the noodles with half each of the cubed mozzarella and cream cheese.
5. Repeat layers - sauce, noodles, cheese and another layer of sauce.
6. Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
7. Cook on low 4-5 hours.