Friday, December 31, 2010

Setting Goals, not Resolutions

I have a long standing disdain for New Years resolutions. I believe strongly in the power of setting stretch goals and doing your all to achieve them with the caveat that you are seeking the LORD'S will in all you do. He certainly challenges us to be better each day, to deny ourselves each day, to live for Him each day. That's my plan for 2011 - live more for God than I did in 2010. More tomorrow than I did today, more for my family than for me, more for His kingdom than for my ego and glory.

I'll share some specific things I have felt conviction about over the next few days. What is the Lord laying on your heart as we approach another year? Are you more willing now than last December to submit and be used by Him, for Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment