Friday, December 31, 2010

Menu Plan - Week of January 2, 2011!

Wow!! It's amazing to me that another year is upon us. I am not a huge fan of New Years Eve celebrations. Perhaps as I've gotten older and now have a young child at home, I just have lost the thrill for staying up until midnight and over indulging. So, here I sit ... with 2 snoring children snug in their beds, watching the Chick fil A bowl with DH and planning, organizing, and feeling invigorated to take the reins back on our life after the Christmas season. Does everyone go through this - please assure me it's not just me?? Christmas is amazing, wonderful, and definitely one of my favorite times of year ... but, the unusual schedule, over indulgent once-a-year food, trying to squeeze in one more fun activity, and general over stimulation leave me craving a simple and quiet start to the new year. That starts with a menu plan, of course!!

Dinners:
I want to wish you all a New year full of blessings and leave you with a wonderful quote from Martin Luther:
"Glory to God in highest heaven, who unto man His Son hath given; while angels sing with tender mirth, a glad new year to all the earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment