Monday, April 20, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - April 20


"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it ... Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever" ~Psalm 118: 24, 29

I find I often don't rejoice in the day the Lord has given me. I get so caught up in this idea I have of what a stay at home mom should do, ought to do, and could do that I forget that my main job is to be a wife and mother. Not supermom, not a decorating queen, not the best cook in the neighborhood, not the one with the cleanest house, not the one with the "perfect" child ... I am called to be a woman totally dependent on God and HIS mercy and grace. He will get me through everything that is important if I ask! My goal this week is to lean on the Lord for my strength, my focus, and to let Him order my list this week.

He has provided wonderful food in our freezer and pantry and we will be using that up this week. Our grocery budget is just about gone for the month and I'd like to keep the few dollars left for milk and produce next week. Here's my plan for the week:

Monday -
B: Butter Pecan Banana Waffles
D: Taco Pinwheel with lettuce, salsa, and sour cream
Bake: Bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit cups
Prep: chicken out of freezer for Wed

Tuesday -
B: Bagels with cream cheese
D: Salmon patties, hash browns, coleslaw
Bake: Banana raisin muffins (start with this recipe and add raisins; bake in muffin tins rather than a loaf pan)
Prep: de-bone chicken for tomorrow night

Wednesday -
B: Banana raisin muffins
D: Chicken tenders, rice pilaf, homemade applesauce
Bake: Bread machine pitas

Thursday -
B: Oatmeal with strawberry sauce
D: Pork fajitas
Prep: turkey breast out of freezer for Sunday

Friday -
B: Pancakes and homemade applesauce
D: Pizza using this crust recipe
Bake: cook 1 whole chicken to use over weekend

Saturday -
B: DH will make eggs, toast, and bacon
L: pitas with hummus and/or curried chicken salad
D: Hamburgers on the grill, coleslaw
Bake: French bread

Sunday - Children's musical at church and DH has a Deacon meeting; that means we have a 20 minute window for dinner :)
B: Baked Pecan French Toast
L: Baby shower and picnic at the park after church - sandwiches and chips
D: Chicken enchiladas with corn, black beans, and this sauce

For hundreds more menu plans, check out OrgJunkie.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment