As I was contemplating the menu for May, I realized that things will have to be even more simple: easy to prep and clean up, nothing too smelly, and most likely not crock pot recipes. Hmmm ... that last one threw me for a loop. Easy to prep, clean up, and good smelling are standard ... but no crock pot? Yikes!!! I'm going to try some new recipes, pull out some old favorites, and rely on casseroles and the grill. we also have several nights away from home planned - Bunko night for me and my mom, a BBQ chicken dinner at church, a cookout with friends, DH's birthday is this month, and I'm sure we'll be at mom and dad's nearly every day after they "open" their pool.
- Homemade pizza (4 times)
- Burgers on the grill (2 times)
- Pork chops on the grill (2 times)
- 40 clove garlic chicken (I can't go a whole month without making this, even though it's a crock pot recipe)
- Creamy chicken enchiladas (a new twist on a favorite of ours)
- Pizza casserole
- Creamy chicken and pasta bake
- Taco pinwheel
- Pasta salad with grilled chicken or pork. I'll post the recipe next week. DH's aunt passed this along and it's super easy and versatile!
- Shrimp or fish tacos