Sunday, November 22, 2009

30 Day Giving Challenge Update - week 2

What an amazing week we have had of giving! Many of you know I am an avid baker and it has been a pleasure to share some homemade goodies this week. I also turned back to a favorite hobby - writing cards to my dear friends. We have definitely been blessed over the past 2 weeks. However, I am not a believer at all in the philosophy of giving to receive. So ... I will gladly share ways we have given to other people, but will refrain from any sort of discussion about things received.
  • Continued our donations to the Salvation Army at our local Wal Mart. We probably should visit less so this does not show up on my weekly digest. Although, we did not spend much on this week's visit. I have been letting our 4 year old son put the donations in and it has been wonderful to see his smile.
  • Made a batch of Chewy Granola Bars for a dear friend and her son.
  • Made a batch of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins to share with the music minister at church and one of little man's preschool teachers.
  • Wrote a note of encouragement to a girlfriend from college who is going through a divorce.
Visit Kingdom First Mom to see how other bloggers are giving this month and to join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment